Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (joey349harry @ Feb 14 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lennon0131 @ Feb 13 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mongoose is a hidden art of members of the iglesia ni cristo
and only a few members have any knowledge regarding this
art, because the group's sponsored art is called TRACMA
of Trovador Ramos, and is the art that is taught to members of
SCAN International..the security force of INC. Now back to mongoose
I have the opportunity to study it's 36 basic moves, and my instructor told me that
mongoose originates in bicol province..and is not taught and should NOT be taught outside the INC
the stances are low and they heavily
emphasize on footworks.

Nice Post! Hi! I am not an INC but I know the original form of the mongoose and its not just 36 basic forms. this 36 basic forms  started only when  one of the student of Ka Luis  named Vergillo Bobiles (Sumalangit nawa) tried to register this art to s.e.c. and  but a mannual  of this art was not available. when they were interviewed only then that this 36 numbers came out but actualy its much more. Mongoose is just one style of its predecesor art named "LUBULIKAPASA" named after its Grand Master who happened to be an I.N.C.. ALMOSDEF or Alamid Mongoose Self Defense was the first name to be registered in the SEC.  But the author of the original form of ALMOSDEF is not Vergillo Bobiles it was his best friend whom he betrayed name KA Lando. Ka Lando was the only one of the student of Ka Luis who mastered all forms of LUBULIKAPASA. Sad thing is he suffered heart stroke and cannot dance the moves anymore. Two of among his students who mastered his art and one of which was my Great Teacher who passed away already. but the other one Master is still alive and kicking. I wish to unite all practitioner of the art  under  one dicipline and identety to make this another pride of the Filipino People. The art is really dangerous as it made all known martial arts  made to be  useless.

Hi.. yes it was not just 36 moves in all but if you are going to start in this art you need to master all of the 36 moves/dance, after that they will breakdown
all of the 36 moves into 10 parts so in all it would become 360 moves. After mastering it they will teach you another 36 moves, my instructor told me that this was the counter to the first 36 basic moves and then they will break it down again to another 10 parts and so on.

#62 burungkol

burungkol

Guro (Teacher)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Nationality:Filipino
  • Group Affiliation(s):Philippine Yaw-Yan Footboxing League

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

is it possible to have a demo in one of the gatherings? i'll be in for the webcast idea.

#63 lennon0131

lennon0131

Baguhan (Newbie)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Nationality:filipino
  • Group Affiliation(s):KOMBATAN

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:57 AM

di po ako makasama sa gathering sir nasa shanghai pa po kasi ngayon.
it is better if you could find a good practitioner of this art
for the demo.just befriend an INC member who practice this art
and is open to sharing/demonstrate it..

#64 Karl

Karl

Dalubhasang Guro (Expert Teacher)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Nationality:Chilean-German
  • Group Affiliation(s):DTS

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (lennon0131 @ Feb 23 2010, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
di po ako makasama sa gathering sir nasa shanghai pa po kasi ngayon.
it is better if you could find a good practitioner of this art
for the demo.just befriend an INC member who practice this art
and is open to sharing/demonstrate it..

Just an INC member??? Are you sure just a normal INC member???
Be True To Yourself

#65 burungkol

burungkol

Guro (Teacher)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):Philippine Yaw-Yan Footboxing League

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

i think he said "an INC member who practice this art"

sayang naman lennon0131. how about videos, etc?

#66 lennon0131

lennon0131

Baguhan (Newbie)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):KOMBATAN

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

sir burungkol wala rin po ako hawak na video
dati try ko sana i video kaso ayaw ng instructor ko
at limot ko na rin yung ibang galaw,
at iba na rin siguro galaw ko dahil kombatan na practice ko
pag uwi ko ng pinas try ko po hanapin yung instructor ko
at i-video ko

@ Karl - sir i said that an INC member who also practices Mongoose
            who is also open minded to share/show/demo it.

#67 eome

eome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:None
  • Group Affiliation(s):Classical Escrima ng Binondo at Luneta

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

San ka sa shanghai Lennon?
If anyone wants to take my reputation, he will have to fight me with a sword - Grandmaster Antonio Ilustrisimo, 1979

#68 Karl

Karl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Nationality:Chilean-German
  • Group Affiliation(s):DTS

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

I find this clips in youtube , and somewhere someone mention the name from the founder:

Quote form Puwetmoha:

puwetmoha  HISTORY! Do you know the Founder of MONGOOSE MARTIAL ART? He is VERGILIO BOBILIS, His art was patterned from "LUBULIKAPASA" w/c means LUIS BULAN LIHIM NA KAALAMAN SA PAGTATANGGOL NG SARILI... Founded by; LUIS "KA KUWING" BULAN. His son named ARTHUR BULAN, are now recognized leader of the said martial arts. He was beaten by Boy Ruperto, during their encounter somewhere in Pasay City, Manila.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=EpaeNq...feature=related
Be True To Yourself

#69 mongoose

mongoose

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):spalaymonmgoose group

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

I have the opportunity to study it's 36 basic moves, and my instructor told me that
mongoose originates in bicol province..and is not taught and should NOT be taught outside the INC
emphasize on footworks.

#70 jbo13

jbo13

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):kuntaw

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

san ka sa bicol joey?

#71 jbo13

jbo13

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):kuntaw

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (joey349harry @ Feb 14 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
emphasize on footworks.

Nice Post! Hi! I am not an INC but I know the original form of the mongoose and its not just 36 basic forms. this 36 basic forms  started only when  one of the student of Ka Luis  named Vergillo Bobiles (Sumalangit nawa) tried to register this art to s.e.c. and  but a mannual  of this art was not available. when they were interviewed only then that this 36 numbers came out but actualy its much more. Mongoose is just one style of its predecesor art named "LUBULIKAPASA" named after its Grand Master who happened to be an I.N.C.. ALMOSDEF or Alamid Mongoose Self Defense was the first name to be registered in the SEC.  But the author of the original form of ALMOSDEF is not Vergillo Bobiles it was his best friend whom he betrayed name KA Lando. Ka Lando was the only one of the student of Ka Luis who mastered all forms of LUBULIKAPASA. Sad thing is he suffered heart stroke and cannot dance the moves anymore. Two of among his students who mastered his art and one of which was my Great Teacher who passed away already. but the other one Master is still alive and kicking. I wish to unite all practitioner of the art  under  one dicipline and identety to make this another pride of the Filipino People. The art is really dangerous as it made all known martial arts  made to be  useless.

san ka sa bikol 'joey349harry'

#72 Migs Tenorio

Migs Tenorio

Mag-aaral (Student)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:-Hyrbrid Martial Art,
    -Mixed Martial Art,
    -Filipino Martial Arts
  • Group Affiliation(s):SENBO Combative Alliance, World Martial Arts Instructor Organization = WMAIO, Defensive And Offensive Tactics Association = DOTA, Trovador Ramos Academy of Consolidated Martial Arts (TRACMA), TRACMA-Cainta, Valley View Taekwondo.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

sorry if this reply is too late...but I want to say something about mongoose...my father was a mongoose practitioner and he was the senior student at that time (he start learning mongoose 1981-1989). My father said that his master looks like a man with a disease on his backbone or (KUBA) and he has a very strong meditation that he could actually na lumambaras sa dahon ng saging (though very unbelievable) actually my father still have a copy of his KATA-like patterns na nilipat nya sa VHS tape. Actually I want to upload it on youtube but my father stopped me because mongoose daw ay sikretong martial arts. But If I will illustrate it's forms... it like a chinese martial arts, with an aikido like execution and a sort of silat on it, it also teaches arnis, chako, and knives (on the VHS copy kasi nakita ko alng ay arnis at bolo but my father said it teaches edge weapons too, di nya lang alam daw kung existing pa din ang mongoose sa mandaluyong).

Mongoose is secret martial arts exclusive for INC, but my father said mongoose was taught outside the campus of their church kasi that time hindi pede violence sa loob ng church (INC), so after nila sumamba dumidiretso sila sa master nila para mag-aral, ang master nila ay isang bicolano na magaling daw magluto so, solve sila after training nila hahahahaha! may naturuan din daw ang master nila na hindi INC (kasamahan ng master na magluto sa karendiria-bicolano din)

I also seen my father fought when I was grade 6, nung kinorporal punishment ako ng teacher ko, actually di ko na matandaan lahat pero ang natatandaan ko lang yung tatlo teacher ko na na humahawak sa tatay ko ay nakita ko nalang bumulagta sa harap ko. Di ko niyayabang ang tatay kundi iniilustrate ko ang movements ng mongoose, just like I said it's like a chinese martial arts, with aikido execution and a silat.

Based on my research sa mga brothers ko sa INC (iba't ibang branch or locale), pili lang ang tinuturuan ng mongoose instructor kung magtuturo sila sa mga hindi INC. So if gusto nyo malaman ito, try to contact a friend na INC then ask them if may Martial Art Activity sa Local nila...malay nyo I-welcome kayo!

Thank you .

#73 dariel

dariel

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):martial arts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

I'm also one of practitioners of mongoose martial
arts... about the ring? It's a sign that you become a master of mongoose and the ring uses it as a weapon to hit a viral points of the body...
It's forbidden to us to teach the outsiders...
If you are not a member of our religion....
It's very dangerous to use it...
Because you can kill your enemy in just one strike...

#74 angelasantos

angelasantos

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):none

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postjbo13, on 15 April 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

<!--quoteo(post=68001:date=Feb 14 2010, 11&amp;#58;00 AM:name=joey349harry)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joey349harry &#064; Feb 14 2010, 11&#58;00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=68001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=67958:date=Feb 13 2010, 12&amp;#58;36 PM:name=lennon0131)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lennon0131 &#064; Feb 13 2010, 12&#58;36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=67958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->mongoose is a hidden art of members of the iglesia ni cristo
emphasize on footworks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

san ka sa bikol 'joey349harry'
alamid is not mongoose.. ka bulan said it so. the founder of alamid is a former inc member and a military member but he did not finished the 36. the one you are referring above 36 was an alamid technique, not mongoose. teaching mongooae outside are forbidden to us, so i doubt you are a mongooae practitioner, i say you are an alamid practitioner.

#75 avoiceofanobodybicolano

avoiceofanobodybicolano

Usisero (Bystander)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Group Affiliation(s):N O N E

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Grandmaster/Founder Luis Bulan,(a.k.a Ka Koing)a native of Bacacay,Albay,Philippines founded a very unique,sophisticated,and highly effective fighting system and discipline called LUBULIKAPASA,which was later known and became very popular as simply MONGOOSE MARTIAL ARTS.Some say this MARTIAL ARTS must be strictly taught to INC members only,yet a few non INC members including myself was lucky enough to learn this fighting system & discipline.I consider myself lucky enough to learn from 1 of his trusted students,and from the founder as well.Martial Arts is my FIRST LOVE,and this started after I've watched a Chinese Movie called THE TEN BROTHERS OF SHAOLIN.I was a 9 years old kid that time,and in my time alone,I would imitate the movements of Wong Tao,the lead actor on that movie.I would imitate his movements repeatedly and try to visualize the techniques as if I am applying them in real combat situations.I never know that somebody's watchful eyes was keenly observing me those times,and 1 night I was greatly overjoyed during my work out when an unknown man in his 40s approached me and ask me if I really wanted to learn Martial Arts?I politely answered "YES SIR,BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO PAY YOU,SINCE I CAME FROM A VERY POOR FAMILY." he pat my check and said he will never sell his martial arts for money.He taught me rigorously for 3 years,and introduced me to Ka Koing.The founder asked me to demonstrate what I've learned,and he was pleased.He then asked me,if I was willing to learn from him.I politely answered,"IT WILL BE MY HONOR AND GREAT PRIVILEGE SIR,BUT I AM NOT AN INC MEMBER,SO I AM NOT QUALIFIED TO LEARN THE ART.INSTEAD,PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND MY MASTER FOR VIOLATING THE RULES." He smiled at me and to my master,and said, "EVERY LAW IN THIS WORLD HAS AN EXCEPTION,AND EVERY RULE NO MATTER HOW CRUEL IT IS,IT MUST HAVE A HEART FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY,FOR A VERY STRICT RULE WITHOUT A HEART IS SIMPLY CRUELTY." He generously taught me for years,and he also told me that "NOTHING IS PERFECT,EVERY SYSTEM HAS ITS OWN FLAWS AND WEAKNESSES." He told me that it is up to me and other students to find and fix that weaknesses and flaws.When I was 15 years old,I meet a student of Shaolin Martial Arts in my hometown and introduced me to his master,no more less than the master of Meng Feih who was married that time to 1 of my
kababayan.I was the last student of that Shaolin Master before he left my hometown.When I went to Taiwan for OFW job,I was lucky also to learn the Southern Shaolin White Crane System from the most respected master in that country.Shaolin has numerous especialized styles,that no one in his entire life can hope to learn all.As for the Martial Arts that I've learned from Ka Koing,I've never had the chance to use it against any Shaolin expert,for any comparison of martial skills,so I would never conclude that Mongoose Martial Arts is superior as compared to Shaolin Martial Arts like what has been said by 1 commentator here.I am a desciple of both Mongoose and Shaolin Martial Arts,and believe me,the winner of any combat competition will depend on number of things.(1)insight (2)martial skills (3)resourcefulness (4)persistence (5)killer instinct (6)concentration and single mindedness (7)and by luck. A true blue martial artist who has been tested by numerous combat challenges from equally skilled and talented opponents knows this things very well.